Re: WLinux -> Subverting Windows by making Linux available to MS users

Riley Williams (rhw@bigfoot.com)
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 23:21:43 +0100 (BST)

Hi Stephen.

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

> I agree with this. It's easy to point out that Linux servers run
> for months without rebooting, and easy to make the connection that
> any 'GPF's are Windows' fault, not Linux's.

You either have far more trust in windows users, or far less
experience of them, than I have. As far as most Windows users are
concerned, a GPF is the fault of the program that was running at the
time, even if the error message says otherwise...

Personally, I'd far sooner see Win95 or Win98 ported to Linux than the
other way round - then we'd have something worth boasting about...

Best wishes from Riley.