Re: roumors

Alan Chapman (alan@welsh-cob.compulink.co.uk)
Tue, 07 Apr 1998 21:19:48 +0100

At 12:42 07/04/98 -0700, Gerhard Mack wrote:
>On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>> OFFTOPIC:
>> Does anyone know anything about rumors concerning Bill Gates buying the
>> Copyrights of Donald Knuth's famous TeX system ?! That would be a horror
for me.
>> I have got a mail claiming this a few days ago....
>
>Don't believe everything you get via email,

Especially as the release date of the notice about the purchase was: 1
April 1998...

I leave you to work out the probable validity of the claim.

Alan.
| ,--; | Alan Chapman, PGDip, BA (Hons) |
| _ ___/ /\| | alan@welsh-cob.cix.co.uk |
| ,;`( )__, ) ~ | alan_c@cix.compulink.co.uk |
| // // '--; | URL: http://www.cix.co.uk/~welsh-cob/ |
| ' \ | ^ | Visit my equine photo gallery at: |
| ^ ^ | http://www.cix.co.uk/~welsh-cob/images.html |