Re: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux

Marnix Coppens (maco@telindus.be)
Mon, 06 Apr 1998 15:28:29 +0200

At 08:38 6/04/98 -0400, Raul Miller wrote:

>For what it's worth, I can sometimes crash or wedge an x server
>but not reliably. [wedge: nothing responds to mouse or keyboard
>action, and control-alt-backspace doesn't work.]

I shouldn't be continuing this thread, but here goes:
Try this from within rxvt:

$ su -
# clock -w
# exit

Result: after updating the CMOS clock, none of the windows can receive
the focus by clicking on them. A restart of the X server is needed.
I haven't experimented further with it since, for me, this belongs in
the silly category "don't do it if you know it hurts".

Marnix Coppens

---
Reality is that which                   | Artificial Intelligence
when you stop believing                 | stands no chance against
in it doesn't go away. (Philip K. Dick) | Natural Stupidity.