Re: 2.1.92-1 is 50% better

George Bonser (grep@oriole.sbay.org)
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 19:51:37 -0800 (PST)

I have given up attempting to compile while running 2.1.91 on the 16Meg
486 system. What has become consistant is the error I get, fatal signal
11's. I usually associate this with memory corruption. I am going to
apply the fd patch that just flew into my inbox and try again. Also, it
does not fail at the same point every time. This time it died 5min and 42
seconds into a make bzImage while compiling .../drivers/block/ide.c but it
has died in a different place every time.

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Greg Lee wrote:

> I have 16MB ram. With 2.1.91 I could neither compile anything nor
> use X windows with one xterm without a swapping frenzy. Now, with
> 2.1.92-1 I can either compile or use X, but not both. More
> specifically, trying "make modules" from an xterm window led to
> a 5 minute episode of swapping before my ^C was heard.
>

> -- Greg, lee@.Hawaii.edu
>
> -

George Bonser
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.
http://www.debian.org