Re: WLinux, kinda [OFFTOPIC] comment

Brian Rogers (brogers@why.net)
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 23:27:09 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Ragnar Hojland Espinosa wrote:

> - "Hey look, this new card is for windows and only $xx!"
> - "Yes, but it's braindead and will hurt your performance. Take that one
> over there. Besides, it's not an ope.."
> - "Why that one?"
> - "Because it's better, sinc.."
> - "But I can do the same with this one, it's cheaper, and its for windows!"

At work, I deal with Windows (I lead a double life). Recently I was
trying to help a customer get pcANYWHERE running on his brand-new, shiny,
Windows Pentium box. He thought he had the best of everything, including
his modem -- Designed for Windows! Turns out pcANYWHERE wouldn't work
with that modem. I checked the Symantec web site and told him this. He
called Symantec Tech Support and they told him this. "Mr. Joe Winuser"
sure did learn a lesson that day! I can only hope that this sort of thing
keeps up.

/* Brian Rogers, professional geek, coffee achiever */