Re: hardware

Paul Wilkins (paulw@tmpw.com.au)
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:53:07 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Gerhard Mack wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Mar 1998 linker@nightshade.ml.org wrote:
>
> > Or is MS now redefineing 'text editor' as something that can edit MS
> > propritary format files?

Most likely.

> This is an extention of their plan to replace adobie as the leader for
> multi platform documents, they do provide a free word 6.0 reader but only
> for win 3.1, and even then it's not guaranteed to work.
>
> Could somone unlucky enough to be running Windoze read it, save it in a
> more appropriate format and stick it on a web page somewhere?
> I'd like to see it but I bannished MS from my system last summer in favor
> of a cool operating system I read about in "the computer paper" back in
> 1995 ;)

Get applixware, from redhat. It can import most document formats,
including some dodgy proprietary ones.

Later

Paul

,---
Paul Wilkins | o o |
Internet Operations Manager ` \_/ ' Linux
TMP Worldwide /\___/\ The Choice of
paulw@tmpw.com.au |_/ . \_| A GNU Generation
http://www.monsterboard.com.au \_/___\_/