Re: Some more kernel stats...

Sander van Malssen (svm@kozmix.ow.nl)
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 22:32:27 +0200

On Sunday, 05 April 1998 at 20:28:46 +0100, Riley Williams wrote:

> > Yes, but that's the tricky bit: *which* of all those stats that
> > other unixoids can produce are actually useful to people? I'd like
> > to see some feedback on that.
>
> Probably a stupid suggestion, but...
>
> Perhaps that could be added to the make config script as part of the
> "profiling" section, or as a section in its own right, and people
> could select the stats they wanted to see?

I think that would lead to an awful mess in the code, if (almost) every
little kstat member were to get its own #define. The furthest I think
this should be taken is a choice between no kstat, classic kstat or full
kstat (and we might want to do without one of the first two).

Cheers,
Sander

--
Sander van Malssen -- svm@kozmix.ow.nl -- http://svm.www.cistron.nl/