Re: [patch] SMP boot hang fixed, io-apic-2.1.92-A

Robert HYATT (hyatt@cis.uab.edu)
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 16:05:47 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Joseph Fisk wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Robert HYATT wrote:
>
> > I see no mouse problems, *unless* load the machine with a 4-thread
> > process. Then the mouse is *very* slow for some reason...
>
> Under 2.1.92 it didn't work right, like there was something wrong with the
> hardware itself. Under 2.1.91 it's fine until I start loading down the
> machine, then it gets jumpy.
>
> > also M. Ingo said that a new 2.1.92 source was put on the
> > kernel machine with this fixed...
>
> OK, what about the super-slow-text-output problem? Have you noticed how
> slow the boot messages scroll, for example?

they may go slower, I'm not sure. After Ingo's APIC stuff, it produces
so much stuff now, that I ignore it all usually. :) but I'm not seeing
*sllooowwwww* text at all... just maybe not as fast as before, not sure.