Re: SMTP 2.0.34pre5 problems

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Thu, 02 Apr 1998 17:03:53 -0600

Alan Cox wrote:

> > interrupts are enabled during those operations). However, I would imagine
> > that being in an interrupt, even if interrupts are enabled, might be the
> > cause of this message. So, very heavy disk load could cause this message
>
> If interrupts are enabled the IPI will execute regardless of locks or
> anything else.

Then in that case, never mind :) I kind of like the setup now because it
will always clean the queue out so to speak, and with interrupts enabled
shouldn't be too noticeable even if it does take some time. The only
exception would be sharing an interrupt with the aic7xxx for something like
a tulip. I guess I might add it in after all ....

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net> Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's.