Re: Linux-2.1.92 - Feature Freeze

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 08:53:50 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Rik van Riel wrote:

> What about the MM stuff that Ben and Stephen are working
> on? It seems rather important for stability and performance.

With the timing, I'd suggest it goes into 2.3. It isn't ready yet, and it
is a fundamentally much more involved operation than the other mm changes
have been, so if I were to wait for it I'd then also have to wait for it
to stabilize etc.

Time to really start saying "2.3" to people, there's always going to be
another kernel version for new features.

Linus