Re: [kinda offtopic] cable modems under linux?

Sean M. Kelly (smkelly@zombie.org)
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:42:43 -0600 (CST)

I had the same questions when we got cable modems around here...

Cable modems are generally interfaced through an ethernet card. As long as
the ethernet card you get is supported by the kernel, I believe ou should
be good to go. Just compile in the ethernet driver and configure it like a
normal ethernet interface.

I myself would have gotten a cablemodem, but the local USWest office told
me that they basicly used proxies and firewalls but were thinking of going
to DHCP soon this year... *blek*

-----
Sean M. Kelly
smkelly@zombie.org