Re: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux

Fri, 27 Mar 1998 22:37:21 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Marek Habersack wrote:

> > > An Alpha? A _PCI_ Alpha? One which takes the same video cards as a PC?

[SNIPPED]
> applies to WinModems and perhaps other hardware. I doubt anyone except
> Micro$oft will implement their GUI API on their architectures.

When Hewlett Packard(tm) actually sunk so low as to design and sell a
"printer", that is not a PRINTER at all, but an electromechanical
extension of the "Windows(r)" Operating System, I knew the end was near.

It is only a matter of time before there will be no more PC/AT Clones.
We are now approaching the time where future "computers" will be
electomechanical extensions of the "Windows(r)" Operating System.

Money is power. Whether or not "Windows(r)" is a defective Operating
System makes no difference at all. Mr Gates. has defined the new era
of "computers" to be extensions of his (defective) operating systems(s)
and that-is-that. Mr. Gates has a larger legal department than
General Motors (last years INC rag).

Note that there are even "Gates" extensions encorporated into new
hardware chip-sets and even new BIOSs announce "Locating the boot-
loader..." when they start to boot. Eventually, if the boot-loader
isn't "Windows(r)", the machine will not boot (period).

This is not a conspiracy. This is simply the future being planned
by PC Hardware manufacturers with the open involvement of Mr. Gates.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.91 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).