Re: kmod patch

Shaw Carruthers (shaw@shawc.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 23:25:55 +0100 (GMT+0100)

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Greg Zornetzer wrote:

> Yeah - something in the code is trashing kernel
> data... It seems random, but if it doesn't happen during startup, it
> doesn't seem to happen at all - maybe the initialization code?
> Unforunately, I won't have much time for bug-hunting this week.
> Any ideas?

I've looked through the code and can't see the problem yet.

Here is another datapoint:

trying:parport_probe

checking:c16b1780 <-- this is the slot
address which seems ok

Modprobe load failed - couldn't load parport_probe
Error code 14
checking:c16b1780
Installing dial-on-demand
firewall
Starting news
Starting innd.
/etc/rc.d/rc.M: line 48: 110 Segmentation fault
/usr/local/sbin/dialup