Re: WLinux -> Subverting Windows by making Linux available to MS users

Joseph Malicki (jmalicki@geocities.com)
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 17:13:07 -0500

Alan Cox wrote:

> > Yes, but emulation of x86 is not worth it in DosEMU, and I do not think the person
> > I replied to understood why DosEMU had the EMM layer or knew much about the
> > protection of x86 chips that make it difficult, and undesirable for most, to go
> > the route of emulation of ring-0 code.
>
> Emulation of 86 is well worth it in DOSemu. Go try run DOSemu on a sparc
> and come back when the cluons have penetrated ;)

True, wasn't thinking of that, but I'm saying emulation of x86 to be run on an
x86....... isnt there already an em86 binary format though? does that work with DosEMU?
Maybe compile DosEMU as intel???

Joe Malicki