Re: no magic sysrq (stupid question?)

Janos Farkas (Janos.Farkas-nouce/priv-#rOdqkk2gaI6Nzwj4fd8QxH88D9y@lk9qw.mail.eon.ml.org)
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 12:21:58 +0200

On 1998-03-31 at 20:24:16, Jakob Borg wrote:
> This is most definately me not having done something I should have
> done but I cannot figure out what. I seem to be unable to get my magic
> sysrq to work. I have compiled in support for it in latest few kernels
> (.84-.91, egcs) but it hasn't ever worked. It behaves just like any
> other key/modifier.

Yess!! I've wondered about this too for quite some time, and had some
suspects, but didn't trace it further. I'm now guessing (seeing as you
are European too), are you using loadkeys to load an international
keyboard? In my case, the only thing related to keyboard in my init
scripts is a simple:

loadkeys <<EOF
keycode 127 = Compose
EOF

I guess loadkeys now somehow breaks magic sysrq.

I don't yet know if indeed this causes the problem, I will now reboot to
revert to 92-pre2 from the "raising and slow bootmessages" kernel.

--
Janos - Don't worry, my address is real.  I'm just bored of spam.