Re: Strange SB16 clone

Christian 'Dr. Disk' Hechelmann (drdisk@itlx01.it.fht-esslingen.de)
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 01:59:01 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998 praoult@club-internet.fr wrote:

> Some time ago I bought a cheap SB16 clone (ALS+) and used it
> under linux with the SB16 driver. Under windows it use irc 5 dma1 1 and
> dma2 0 (pretty odd ..). The linux driver only accept values between 5 and 7

I have a genuine SB Vibra16 here that behaves similar. Here Windows has settled
on DMA1/DMA3, IRQ5.

> for the second dma and the card doesn't accept 5 6 or 7 as dma2.
> I had to modify the drivers/sound/sb_common.c to allow dma2 to be equal
> to 0 and now everything *looks* like working fine.

Hmmm strange I tried that too, but when playing a 16Bit Sample I only get a
IRQ/DRQ timeout. Sigh.

> I'd like to know whether it is or not cosmetic patching :)
> any help apreciated ...

Can you send your patches to either the list or me, or both? Just to make sure
what's wrong with my patches.

> btw : the /proc/dma shows 0 as SoundBlaster16 as it ought to be

Same here, it looks ok but doesn't work.

Ciao Chris

--
  Christian 'Dr.Disk' Hechelmann <drdisk@itlx01.NoSPAM.it.fht-esslingen.de>
     STZ Automotive, Flandernstr. 101, D-73732 Esslingen, 0711-397-4489