Re: [OFFTOPIC] totally offtopic but funny

P.A.M. van Dam (pam@scylla.muc.muohio.edu)
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:43:33 +0200

On Mon, Mar 30, 1998 at 09:30:08PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Somebody is watching this list; they disabled port 21 since you
> > write this message.
>
> Let them alone. We do not want egg.microsoft.com to be shut down. If
> atleast someone at microsoft is using linux, we do not them punish for
> doing so. Not *all* people at microsoft are completely stupid.
>
> Pavel
> --
> Do *NOT* buy software, GNU software is better and free! Pavel
> GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+
>
> -

Ok. My turn:

Check this out:

--------------------------------

telnet www.microsoft.nl

govinda# telnet www.microsoft.nl
Trying 193.67.35.120...
Connected to www.microsoft.nl.
Escape character is '^]'.

Red Hat Linux release 3.0.3 (Picasso)
Kernel 2.0.27 on a i586

mail.tmn.nl login:

--------------------------------

I rest my case. Me and my colleagues jaws dropped
when we saw this. Last saturday I discovered they were
running a very recent sendmail, so I thought they were
using a commercial UNIX. Then a colleague of mine tried
to telnet the thing. We had to re-animate him... ;)

Ok. From now on, I'm going to endorse the Microsoft way
of doing things.

I agree with the fact we should not bug them, I'm rather
happy to see it.

Best regards,

Pascal van Dam