Re: 2.1.91: Kernel panic: Attempted to kill the idle task!

Aron Griffis (agriffis@css.tayloru.edu)
Sun, 10 Feb 2036 23:22:56 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

> Looks like the bugs in the MASQ code which don't understand or try to
> deal with TCP options, which Linux now spits out all the time.
>
> Nigel and the other IP MASQ maintainers are working on this.
>
> Guess what, if I'm correct (I think I am) this is a neat way to crash
> any Linux box out there running IP MASQ, it would be interesting if
> a 2.1.9* Linux box talking thru a Linux 2.0.x MASQ box crashes the
> 2.0.x machine.

In my case, the 2.1.91 box was masquerading for the 2.0.30 box, so I don't
think this theory holds. I quit using the ip_masq_ftp module and haven't
oopsed yet, so I suspect the problem lies there.

-Aron