Re: 2.0.91 bad more info

Greg Zornetzer (gaz@andrew.cmu.edu)
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 23:50:22 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

> Shaw Carruthers wrote:
> >
> > /var/log/warn:Mar 28 18:38:57 shawc kernel: get_unused_fd: slot 3 not
> > NULL!
>
> I'm interested in any further info on this message. It shouldn't be happening,
> as it indicates that the open_files fdset is out of sync with the fd array. It
> could be caused by random memory trashing ... if you find a we to reproduce it,
> please let me know.

This is using the kmod patch that I posted, wasn't it? I've gotten these
too occasionally with the patch. I'd really like to get the problems if
any ironed out of the patch. Bill: if you'd like to see the kmod patch,
I'd be more than happy to send you a copy.

Greg Zornetzer - gaz+@andrew.cmu.edu
"Light shines brightest in the darkest night"
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~gaz