Re: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux

Marek Habersack (grendel@vip.maestro.com.pl)
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 00:31:40 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> > But seriously, if there arn't true graphic bioses now there will be soon..
> > Compaq is already putting the bios on a hdd partition..
>
> I think Compaq is an abberration. Everyone hates their solution, and
> the conventional BIOS vendors don't seem to be biting. If anything I
> think the WinBIOS is a half-assed attempt at staving off Compaq.
I remember the AMI WinBIOSes were on the market for a really short period of
time. I'm sure most of you have also seen the IBM ThinkPad BIOS - it looks
nice, but the interface is really an overkill for a task like setting up
the machine BIOS. The interface just makes things slower.

----
...and a devil in a black tress watches over
my guardian angel walks away...
Life is shorten, love is always over in the morning
Black wind come carry me far away!