Re: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux

Gerhard Mack (gmack@imag.net)
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 23:06:47 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Marek Habersack wrote:

> > Without GGI, the promise of games doesn't look good. Without GGI, graphical
> > console programs will remain messily bound to the hardware, without GGI, I'm
> > worried that Linux will lose its competitive edge. But I could be totally
> > wrong about this! And who would know unless we all started talking about it?
> Is graphics all that counts in the world? Linux wins on all the other fields -
> speed, security, efficiency, hardware support, software available, support,
> price - all that is much more important than graphics, IMHO (but that's just
> it - MHO)

hmm You left out stability, perhapse whith good reson? The 2 other ppl
who use this machine have crashed the console more times then I can count.
The way things are now are just plain broken, something needs to be done
about it, if not ggi then something else.
Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack
gmack@imag.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.