Re: 2.1.xx and ftape/zftape

John Covici (covici@ccs.covici.com)
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 13:19:50 -0500

on Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:58:14 -0500 "tzanger" <tzanger@benshaw.com> in
<001f01bd5674$81d5a7e0$4d01a8c0@wanderer.benshaw.com> wrote:
>Duh. Silly me. :-)
>
>Thanks to all the people who pointed out to me that the ftape/zftape in the
>kernel is the one to use. I was going off of old information for the 2.0.x
>kernel set to which ftape had expressely said DO NOT USE THE KERNEL FTAPE.

Well, I am having a great deal of trouble with ftape in 2.1.89 --
whenever I try to do an insmod and sepcify any of the ft_fdc
parameters (including the ones I configured in) it just hangs. Its
3.04d and the 2.1.89 kernel. I also have plug and play support
enabled -- should I take this out?

The configuration I am using for my fc20 board are the same ones which
work under Windows.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

--
         John Covici