Re: patch for 2.1.90 net/core/iovec et al

David S. Miller (davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com)
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 11:50:49 -0800

From: alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:46:13 +0000 (GMT)

2.0.x preserves the read position when you get an EFAULT. Nothing I
2.0.can find in the holy manual of posix says what happens if you
2.0.get an EFAULT on a tcp operation, so I think we can do what we
2.0.like.

Yes but I believe 2.0.x still sets the used bits on the SKB's just
like in current 2.1.x as pointed out by Bill Hawes.

And really, I have to agree with Linus, the behavior of setting the
sequence number back makes no sense, and this is what we have to
decide.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com