Re: 2.1.90 dies with many procs procs, partial fix

Krzysztof G. Baranowski (kgb@manjak.knm.org.pl)
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 12:29:37 +0100 (CET)

While testing the million monkey theory, Rik van Riel wrote:
>I've got a weird feeling that there's some strange interaction
>going on between the changes we made :-(
>The good news is that we're working on it, if you could do
>some detective work, we'll do some reprogramming.
>(any other detectives out there?)
Yep ! I agree that swapper behaviour semms better in 2.1.89.
On my UP 2.1.90 every 10 to 15 minutes my system starts swapping
to disk like mad for 15/20 seconds. It happens even if machine
is is almost idle (0 load avg, no users). This had't happened on
2.1.89.

Regards,
Kris

--
Krzysztof G. Baranowski - President of the Harmless Manyacs' Club
"Smith & Wesson - The original point and click interface..."