Re: Including aic7xx 5.0.7 in 2.1.x

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 00:44:13 -0600

Tim Wright wrote:

> 5.0.7 works *much* better for me at work on a very unusual machine.
> It's an Intel Preston motherboard, consisting of Intel Orion (450GX) B0
> chipset, and 4x 133 MHz Pentium Pros (yes 133 Mhz, this is pre-release kit).
> The mobo has 2x aic7880 controllers and your newer driver is an enormous win
> on this system, especially combined with ~mingo's I/O APIC support.
>
> Just another vote in favour :-)

[ Cc:ed to linux-kernel so others will know my current status, and Cc:ed to
Bernhard since he's been doing the forward ports to 2.1 since I'm still
running 2.0.33 ]

:) Glad to hear it's working better for you :)

In my email I noted that I had a few minor things waiting for 5.0.8 as well
as a variable re-arrangement in order to try and reduce cache thrashing
during interrupts, etc. At this point, I'm starting my testing on the new
5.0.8 code and if all goes well, it should be ready in another day or so.
At that point I wouldn't mind it going into 2.1 as I'll be ready to open up
the 5.1.x aic7xxx driver series.

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net> Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's.