Re: Including aic7xx 5.0.7 in 2.1.x

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 18:08:33 -0600

G. Sumner Hayes wrote:

> Carsten Gross <carsten@sol.wohnheim.uni-ulm.de> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.980313142758.168A-100000@ufp.in-trier.de>,
> > linux@bero-online.ml.org (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer) writes:
> > [aic 5.0.7 driver in 2.1.8x instead of the original one]

> I concur. We've heard from Bernhard; if Doug Ledford agrees [I've cc'd him]
> maybe he could give the idea his stamp of approval (and cc: Linus with it).

I'm not quite done with the 5.0.x series yet, there are a few minor things
that I have in my source code waiting for 5.0.8, and a few other changes I
wanted to make but haven't yet (re-ordering data structures to be more cache
friendly during interrupts, etc). Most of it should be pretty benign as far
as most people are concerned. Then, I wanted to open the 5.1.x series,
which is really what I had intended for 2.1.x. It would include the newer
support for the Ultra2 cards (requires sequencer changes) as well as
starting the work on the spin lock updates to the driver and continuing SMP
updates (I'm waiting on getting a second CPU for this part though).
However, if 5.0.7 works better for people, then I have no objection to it
being included. It just means that when I do get around to getting these
changes done the patches will be smaller :)

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net> Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's.