Re: still sound problems....

Bruno Boettcher (bboett@yoda.u-strasbg.fr)
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 15:05:27 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > i am still trying to get sound working (SB-PnP, kernel 2.1.89). I did now
> > compile the sound-part in the kernel, no module, the card is configured with
> > isapnp-tools.
>
> So you power up, you check for a sound card you dont find one, then you
> make the sound card findable .. yep ISAPnP needs modular sound.

ok, but modular sound doesn't work in 2.1.89 (unresolved symbol probs)

> Non modular will need kernel PnP

how does this work, and where do i find doc about it?
in drivers/pnp/ there's no README, the notes in the Makefile doesn't help me,
and it seems to me that they are solely adapted for a pnp parallel port....

ciao
bboett at erm1 dot u-strasbg dot fr