Re: sigcontext_struct -> sigcontext change (When?)

David Wragg (dpw@doc.ic.ac.uk)
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 23:58:39 GMT

Martin Imrisek <modulus@interlog.com> writes:
> Hi Kernel Hackers:
>
> I'm trying to trace the following name change sigcontext_struct to
> sigcontext in sigcontext.h. There's some software I have that uses this
> structure and fails to build under the >2.1.7x kernels, and I just want to
> trace this so we can #ifdef around this in order to get this to compile
> under both 2.0.xx and 2.1.xx kernels.

There's no need to #ifdef.

glibc uses the following in <sigcontext.h> so that sigcontext has its
standard name under both 2.0.x and 2.1.x:

> /* Kernel headers before 2.1.1 define a struct sigcontext_struct, but
> we need sigcontext. */
> #define sigcontext_struct sigcontext
>
> #include <asm/sigcontext.h>

You just need the opposite, i.e.

> #define sigcontext sigcontext_struct

Or you could change the code to use the standard name.

--
Dave Wragg