Re: SPAM on linux-kernel (was Re: Forwarded mail....)

Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:32:27 +0000 (GMT)

> Make a choice, either I work on fixing the entire broken TCP stack in
> 2.1.x or I work on twiddling with mailing list SPAM issues, of which
> talk about here generates more traffic than the SPAM itself.

No it doesnt. Also you are merely luck that this list hasnt been hit by
one of the test bombers yet. (Folks are sending piles of messages to alt.test
spoofed to be from open lists).

You note I did ask if someone else wanted to host spamfree... Closing the list
and fixing the subcribes is something I can happily do given majordomo config
access. Its a bit odd right now that one of the best linux hackers is also
tied up in beating up mailing lists. Such is history

Alan