2.1.8* kernels and md raid0 (fwd)

Isaac Connor (iconnor@pc-40947.on.rogers.wave.ca)
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 00:56:57 +0000 ( )

Yeah, that what I thought. I have some more info, that I have uncovered
as I rebuild my system.

I am using raidtools 0.41 from ftp.kernel.org, is this correct? The
md.txt in the kernel docs another site etc.

After mke2fs'ing, (creation goes without warnings), I e2fsck'ed, and it
gets errors...like the following:

Error reading block 2097172 (Success) while doing inode scan, Ignore
error<y>?

I get these for every block up to 5000000 or so. Also doing a bad block
check while making the filesystem gives

badblocks: Invalid argument during seek

So, I decided to do the same things to the individual hd's that I was
making the md0 from. They worked beautifully. No errors, no bad blocks.

This is with a freshly compiled 2.1.86 kernel. glibc.

Isaac Connor
iconnor@uwaterloo.ca