Re: Ext2 enhancements, when will reiserfs ever ship, etc.

Hans Reiser (reiser@ricochet.net)
Sun, 08 Mar 1998 13:25:05 -0800

We will create a patch when we do our second beta for 2.1.latest. If we
did a patch of our first beta, since that version modifies VFS in too
many places,
it would only work for patching 2.1.42, which no one uses anymore. Our
second beta will have very few modifications of the VFS
layer. End of month is the expected time of release.

The license is GPL. We consider the FS to be integrated into the
kernel, so if you want to use it on a non-GPL kernel, like say Solaris,
you must pay me or convince me.

We now have a mailing list containing those 30 names:
reiserfs@devlinux.com

Thanks for your welcome.

Hans