Re: keyboard question

Robbie Murray (robbie@scot-mur.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 14:57:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Martin Mares wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know of any such possibility, but I've thought of making the keyboard
> driver generate kerneld messages for certain key types.

The reason I would like it to go to a device in /dev is to use with a
screen reader. (Software which sends text on the screen to a text to
speech system). It would be good to have it in the keymap, so the keys
would be configurable at runtime. I think someone else asked about this a
few weeks ago, but I didn't see much responce.
Regards

Rob