Re: I2O (Intelligent Input/Output)

Michael Neuffer (neuffer@goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 08:03:52 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, David Freeman wrote:
> Does anyone know what the current revision of the I2O specs are?

2.0.

But the 1.5d specs are (according to my sources) sufficiently similar
to the new ones that they can be used for initial development.

> And
> what is the progress, if any, of the Linux kernel on I2O machines?

Linux runs on motherboards that have the i960 on board, but wether the PCI
slots are usable that are "behind" the i960 depends on the BIOS of the
board.

I with some luck I can take a closer look at the 2.0 specs in the not so
distant future.