Re: `whoami` == "eric"

Eric Youngdale (eric@andante.jic.com)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 23:38:04 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I found the following code in drivers/scsi/Config.in:
>
> if [ "`whoami`" = "eric" ]; then
> dep_tristate 'SCSI debugging host adapter' CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG $CONFIG_SCSI
> fi
>
> I'm trying to get rid of the `...` constructions in Config.in files.
> Also, I think it's a little tacky to test against a specific login name
> in released code. Would it be all right with you if I changed this to:

Perhaps it is tacky, but that 'host adapter' is essentially only
used for fault tracing, running simulations (I have simulated several
hundred disks recently, for example), and other such gunk. Nonetheless,
your proposed change is reasonable :-).

> if [ "$CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL" = "y" ]; then
> dep_tristate 'SCSI debugging host adapter' CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG $CONFIG_SCSI
> fi

Please CC me on any follow-ups. I don't have time to read
linux-kernel.

-Eric