Re: ctrl-alt-del not handicap accesableL

Garst R. Reese (reese@isn.net)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 21:32:35 -0400

Jason wrote thusly:
--------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 12:32:30 -0700 (MST)
Subject: ctrl-alt-del not handicap accesable?

Recently, a friend of mine (who only has one arm) was complaining to me
that
ctrl-alt-del did not shutdown/reboot his linux box. It took me a minute
realize that you must use the left control and alt keys -- the right
ones
don't work. He now uses his nose to reboot his system, but complains to
me
every time :)

Is there any reason we are only allowing the left control and alt keys
to be
used?

Jason
jsh@truedesign.com
Check out xkeycaps. The whole keyboard is designed (badly IMHO) for
people with ten fingers. It seems to me that some time spent on a
complete redesign for one arm would be useful. Might also consider a
foot-mouse. If you need further help, e-mail me and I will happily work
on the problem. Tell me which arm so I know which one to tie behind my
back :)

--
Garst <reese@isn.net>