Re: SMP, dual mboard, single processor...no go

Mikko Ala-Fossi (malafoss@cc.hut.fi)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:54:30 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, David Woodhouse wrote:

> I implemented a workaround for Linux a long time ago, when I was temporarily
> running my Tyan board with only one processor. It notices when a CPU doesn't
> respond to the initial STARTUP IPI, and removes it from the table of CPUs
> present.

> I asked for some people to test it so I could submit it to Linus, but nobody
> responded so I let it drop.

> This patch was made against 2.1.63, but AFAIK it should work with 2.1.87.

Yep, it seems to work fine. I just had to change reference to
"cpu_logical_map" with "__cpu_logical_map" to compile it on
2.1.87.

Thanks, now I don't have recompile my kernel just to add
a new processor :-)

-=- malafoss@cc.hut.fi -=- searching the marvels of universe -=-