Re: Reproducable crash under 2.1.86

Thomas Sailer (sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:16:32 +0100

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Tuomo Pyhala wrote:
>
> >BTW. Which soundcard do you have, i'm also somewhat suspicious about GUS
>
> You have still one hope. My patch only fixed code for AWE32 and GUS use
> the ad1848 driver that does other disable/enable_dma() sequence. Try to
> apply this patch over the last two one on 2.1.86.

Eeeek. Don't do this!! The disable_dma is there for a purpose,
namely to clear a pending DMA request before switching direction.
This is absolutely needed, otherwise you have (at least)
a race window to lock the card.

Maybe rearranging the for (tmout...) loop and
the following ad_write(9, ad_read(9) & xx) could work however...

Tom