Re: [OFFTOPIC] Busmice: MouseSystems Ps/2 Mouse Skips

James Mastros (nuke@bayside.net)
17 Feb 1998 19:29:35 +0100

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Alessandro Rubini wrote:

> > movement is skippy and erratic. The mouse likes to jump to the lower left
> > corner of the screen (it does this in both GPM and X).
>
> This is is usually due to incorrect decoding of the mouse data stream
>
> Please try to run mouse-test, from the gpm distribution (I bet it's
> already installed in your system). If you can't find your way
> through protocols please run "od -t x1 /dev/mouse" and send me
> the output while you move the mouse and/or press buttons.
>
> Hope this helps
> /alessandro (the gpm guy)

speaking of jumpy mice, why is the gpm cursor so erratic with a serial
mouse? it seems this way on every system i've ever come in contact with..
and it should really happen - the dos drivers work just fine.
| / |/ /_ __/ /_____ | Nuke Skyjumper |
| / / // / '_/ -_) | "Master of the Farce" |