Re: Mail reflector !!!

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.CSIRO.AU)
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:40:00 +1100

Rik van Riel writes:

> > > Matti oh mail guru , where do we get the duplicate message id discarder
> > > module for zmailer 8)
> >
> > Another easy solution is qmail's X-Loop: header. It just adds an
> > such a header from the outside it discards the message. Very simple
> > and seems to work well.
>
> It won't work for linux-kernel however. There might
> be people with newsreaders that don't erase the

I thought the policy was "no mail->news gateways or news->mail
gateways". Feeding email to local newsgroups is technically not
allowed either because of the potential for mail loops, correct?
People do it anyway because (done correctly) no-one knows they're
doing it, but if they stuff up, they get thrown off the list.
Can someone please confirm the policy on this point?

Regards,

Richard....