Re: 3940UW Driver Locks the Machine

Andreas Haumer (andreas@xss.co.at)
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 16:27:37 +0100

Hi!

Robert L Harris wrote:

> When I try and read files off my jaz, usually it seems to lock my machine.
> It locks the scsi activity light on and if I can get to the console I get
> alot of errors concerning the queue. This time I didn't change the adapter
> defaults.
>
> Who do I work with to see about fixing this?

Try disabling command queueing for the JAZ device in the adapter
setup. This helped for me, though I have to admit that a SCSI device
shouldn't completely lock up the system.

With a ncr53c8xx-based board the JAZ drive still doesn't work well with
command queueing, but the driver doesn't completely lock up the machine,
it returns an error code after a short timeout and continues working.

With command queuing turned off for the JAZ drive it works stable and
well!

Hope that helps!

- andreas

--
 Andreas Haumer         | email: andreas@xss.co.at | PGP key available
 *x Software + Systeme  | phone: +43.1.6001508     | on request.