Re: cdu31a isn't working (still) in 2.1.82

branemyr@gaia.swipnet.se
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:53:37 +0100

At 21:14 1998-01-28 PST, Marty wrote:

>Well, it worked once...But I can't make it work again...
>: leisner@compaq;mount /cdrom
>mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sonycd,
> or too many mounted file systems
>
>in dmesg:
>CDU31A: Invalid block status: 0x0
>cdu31a: Resetting drive on error
>CDU31A: unknown 0x03 error for block 68, nblock 2
>CDU31A: Invalid block status: 0x0
>cdu31a: Resetting drive on error
>CDU31A: unknown 0x03 error for block 72, nblock 2
>VFS: Disk change detected on device 0f:00
>VFS: busy inodes on changed media..
>VFS: brelse: Trying to free free buffer
>cdrom: tray is open...
>cdu31a module released.

I have 2.1.82 too , but I think that cdu31a is working fine:

ztion:~# modprobe cdu31a cdu31a_port=0x1f88
ztion:~# mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/cdu31a /cdrom
ztion:~# cd /cdrom
ztion:/cdrom# ls (NOTE: This is an OLD backup cd , which i had
nearby)
4dos55/ gamerunr/ psp.32/
access/ gif&mod/ pwrtoy.96d/
aldus/ imager.20/ quick/
autoexec.bak* interlnk.exe* quick.rc*
autoexec.bat* intersvr.exe* quick.rcg*
autoexec.old* iplay.cfg* sc2000/
autoexec.qdk* jox/ scan/
avanti/ kalkyler/ session/
bat/ ke96/ sierra/
bc4000/ linux/ sys/
bilder/ ljud/ temp/
cirrus/ media1.tag* tempo/
clutil/ msie\ mail\ &\ news.300/ ter400/
coda/ msie.300/ text/
config.bak* msoff.95/ tst/
config.old* msoffice/ univbe51/
config.qdk* nu/ warez/
config.sys* nu.95/ win/
cpp31/ pagemake/ win32app/
datafax/ pcboard/ winprog/
discwld.cd/ pctools/ winzip/
dos/ pk/ wn/
dq16/ pp/ wworld/
encarta/ program/
ztion:/cdrom#

I had some troubles to get it working myself , but that was in 2.0. I
noticed that you have to specify the port , because the driver is not doing
any probing. It looks to me that you are loading it through kerneld , and I
dont know if it perhaps dont specify any port.

Try to load it manually , and see if it works better.

/Kristoffer Brånemyr