Re: 3.0 wishlist Was: Overview of 2.2.x goals?

Michael Schmitz (schmitzm@uclink4.berkeley.edu)
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 18:25:35 -0800

At 8:37 PM +0000 1/20/98, Alan Cox wrote:
>> I think DIPC is a very useful addition to Linux, and it would be better for
>> it to get into the standard kernels as soon as possible. We have been
>
>Its tricky now for 2.2, but it certainly seems stable enough to put in 2.3.x
>and you can do neat hacks with it - like working remote MITSHM X11 graphics

I count on you, then. I don't know what the status on Alpha is (last time I
heard from the person working on Alpha, shm didn't work properly) but x86
and
m68k can talk to each other over a year now.

Michael