Re: gcc-2.8.0 miscompiles kernel (Was: gcc-2.8 out...)

Scott Lampert (fortunato@heavymetal.org)
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 07:04:31 -0500 (EST)

On 17-Jan-98 Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> Yes. Same thing as with the egcs december snapshots (haven't tried the
> January one on the kernel yet).
>
> egcs-1.0 and egcs 1.0.1 work fine, though.

I can't seem to get the kernel to compile with egcs 1.0 or 1.0.1.
I get kernel panics on boot right after the NCR53C8xx driver and
before the DE4X5 driver (both compiled into the kernel). I haven't had
time to copy all the panic info by hand (I don't know of any way to print
the screen on a boot panic) so I can't really give more information. In
case it's important, I compiled egcs with gcc-2.7.2.3 from redhat 5.0. I
haven't tried it with a pre-built egcs binary yet.
-Scott

---
Scott Lampert             | Home Page: http://www.heavymetal.org
fortunato@heavymetal.org  | PGP Key: finger fortunato@heavymetal.org