Re: New teardrop attacks: linux ok??

Phil Brutsche (pbrutsch@creighton.edu)
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 14:57:37 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Chris Evans wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed someone on comp.os.freebsd.misc has alleged Linux isn't immune
> to the newest wave of teardrop like attacks. Is there any truth in this?
Sound's like the FreeBSD vs Linux debate again. From what I heard, there
isn't. The newest teardrop attacks seem to be aimed directly and
Microsoft's OSs (specifically Wi9* and WinNT), largely because,
apparently, Microsoft did a really crappy job with their fix the first
time around.

The person that found the attack has specifically said that Linux is
immune to these attacks.

I read it at http://hardware.pairnet.com/. It's a list of html articles
about various happenings in the computer world, updated daily. I saw it
there last night.

Phil Brutsche

"Be of stout heart, Number One. We've handled the Borg. We can
certainly handle Admiral Jellico." - Jean-Luc Picard