Re: More SMBFS troubles

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 13:35:26 -0500

John R. Corey wrote:

> After a couple hours of sitting idle, my smbfs mount has become unusable
> (with the -f 3xxx modes). As I said in my last message, things were
> looking great, browse all the files, etc.
>
> >From a df:
> Jan 15 07:37:59 linux kernel: smb_get_length: recv error = 5
> Jan 15 07:37:59 linux kernel: smb_request: result -5, setting invalid
> And a ls -la:
> Jan 15 07:38:10 linux kernel: smb_retry: caught signal
> Jan 15 07:38:10 linux kernel: smb_retry: signal failed, error=-3
>
> Win95 OSR2, 2.1.79 + file mode patch to do workarounds.

The error in smb_get_length is unusual -- it looks like some kind of a
network problem. Also, it appears that somehow your smbmount process got
killed, so that smbfs is unable to get a new connection.

On the assumption that Win 95 OSR2 is somewhat different, I've made a
change in the proc_readdir_long call and will upload an updated smbfs
patch shortly.

Thanks for your continued help in testing ...

Regards,
Bill