Re: devfs

Bob Tracy (rct@gherkin.sa.wlk.com)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 07:04:04 -0600 (CST)

Richard Gooch wrote:
> Leonard wrote:
> > I think the /dev/sd/c0b0t0d0s0 suggestion is the best
> > one yet.

Hooray!! I see a consensus emerging from the smoke. Let's run
with it.

> OK, fine. Let's lay this one to rest.

Sorry for the lengthy battle. It has been amusing to watch, but in
retrospect, it was necessary for several reasons... Yeah, folks can
always inflict whatever naming scheme they've *gotta* have by using
symbolic links or whatever, but how many will actually do it? Pardon
me while I stifle a laugh. Reinventing the wheel sometimes has more
educational value than expected.

--
Bob Tracy               |  If you have any trouble sounding condescending,
Firewall Security Corp. |  find a Unix user to show you how it's done.