Re: sound & 2.1.x (latest vers)

Wed, 14 Jan 98 21:24:49 +1000

>I'm just wondering about the problem of uart401 not being compiled. Do
>all sound blasters have uart401s?? I have an SB 1.0, and I think it
>doesn't have one. You tell me, anyway, I can get it to work if I manually
>compile uart401 and shove it in the misc module dir.

The following patch (against 2.1.77) fixed the compilation of the
uart401 module and worked well in 2.1.78. I'm still having problems with
2.1.79 so I haven't been able to test it, but I expect that the same
problem from 2.1.77 is present and this will still fix it.
I don't really know why this fix is needed. The code in the makefile
looks good. I believe that my patch is the right thing to do though as I
think that uart401 should be a module if SB is a module, and I don't think
that there's any possible way of setting things otherwise.

I'm just giving this out so that people like you can get things working
while the people who understand the sound make files solve the real
problem.

diff -ru linux/drivers/sound/Makefile linux-patched/drivers/sound/Makefile
--- linux/drivers/sound/Makefile Sat Jan 3 21:09:50 1998 +++
linux-patched/drivers/sound/Makefile Sat Jan 3 21:09:30 1998 @@
-95,9 +95,7 @@
ifeq ($(CONFIG_SB),m)
M_OBJS += sb.o