Re: disk naming proposal & devfs (fwd)

Jauder Ho (jauderho@transmeta.com)
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 20:46:39 -0800 (PST)

okay... no dropping of things just because they don't support it. if it
is not supported, just set it to 0. there are enough complexity with the naming
scheme that we do not need parts of the device name dropped "because the device
does not support it"

--Jauder

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Kevin Lentin wrote:

> Also, what did you think of my suggestion of ignoring the LUN part when it
> is compiled out of the kernel or on devices that don't support it.
>
> --
> [ Kevin Lentin Email: K.Lentin@cs.monash.edu.au ]
> [ finger kevinl@fangorn.cs.monash.edu.au for PGP public key block. ]
> [ KeyId: 06808EED FingerPrint: 6024308DE1F84314 811B511DBA6FD596 ]

CAT: One hell of a nice animal, frequently mistaken for a meatloaf.
-- B. Kliban