Re: devfs patch v3

Patrick Audley (paudley@blackcat.ca)
11 Jan 1998 00:46:49 -0800

Richard Gooch <rgooch@atnf.CSIRO.AU> writes:

> sd_hHcCiIlL
>
> where <H> is the host controller number, <C> is the channel number,
> <I> is the SCSI disc ID, <L> is the LUN.
> For a single partition it looks like this:

I'm _so_ happy to hear this! I love the absolute device ids
for SCSI on my Solaris boxes because if a disk in a raid fails, on
reboot the devices don't get renumbered like they do until linux.

My $0.02: I think devfs is a great addition to linux, great work!

--
They laughed at Edison and Einstein, but somehow I still feel uncomfortable
 when they laugh at me.  -Ashleigh Brilliant (_Pot Shots_)