Re: 2.1.7[7-8] ide-pci.c "100%" printk and klogd

G.W. Wettstein (greg@wind.enjellic.com)
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 00:02:59 +0000

On Jan 9, 6:33pm, Linus Torvalds wrote:
} Subject: Re: 2.1.7[7-8] ide-pci.c "100%" printk and klogd

> Yep, this is a buggy klogd issue, not a kernel issue. Anybody who does
>
> fprintf(file,message);
>
> instead of
>
> fputf(message,file);
>
> [ and even "fprintf(file, "%s", message);" is acceptable, although not
> evry efficient. ]
>
> should have to write "I will think before I write code" a million times.

I used fputs when I fixed the problem in the pl4 sources. It would
appear that everyone suffers from occasional oversights.

> >Works fine here though, maybe try updating your libraries?
>
> It's not the libs it's klogd itself. Upgrade klogd (and if it still
> isn't fixed, tell the world)
>
> >I suppose one could say "completely" instead of "100%",
> >but I liked the shorter output myself.
>
> No, keep the 100% - this happens in other situations too, and klogd
> really _has_ to be fixed.

I would agree that klogd is the underlying culprit. With the
temperatures diving into the sub-zero range we should have a set of
patches out shortly.

> Linus

Sorry for the inconvenience this caused everyone.

Greg

}-- End of excerpt from Linus Torvalds